St. Croix Preparatory Academy (SCPA), in Stillwater, MN, opened as a Charter School in 2004. Their Mission is to develop each student’s academic potential, personal character, and leadership qualities through an academically rigorous and content rich educational program grounded in a classical tradition.
We were engaged to develop a Brand Strategy that would focus on strengthening the relationship families have with SCPA. We began with qualitative research with parents of current students in the lower, middle and upper schools in order to understand their perceptions of SCPA and competitive schools.
We then identified the future target family, based on insights into their underlying needs and motivations. Next, we determined how we wanted the SCPA brand to evolve in the future, and created an emotional Brand Promise that was compelling, believable and distinct to drive increased enrollment.
Lastly, we guided initial implementation of the Brand Strategy into the marketplace, including creative development and the tagline “Prep For Life.”
- Jon Gutierrez, Co-Founder, Executive
- Kelly Gutierrez, Co-Founder, COO
- Heather Thorson, Communications & Event Manager
- Rich Dippel, Athletic Director
- Joann Karatov, Lower School Principal
- Amy Kleinboehl, Teaching and Learning Coordinator
- Anna Maakestad, Teacher and Teaching Learning Coordinator
- Chad Olson, Tech Director
- Wanda Renner, Middle School Principal
- Andrew Sachariason, Upper School Principal
- Terri Smith, HR Manager
- Cori Wahl, Special Education Director