The Orlando Magic came into the National Basketball Association in 1989, and their Mission is “To be world champions on and off the court, delivering legendary moments every step of the way.”
On the court they have won five division championships and the Eastern Conference title in 1995 and 2009. Off the court they have contributed millions of dollars and thousands of volunteer hours annually to the local community.
With the vision of the DeVos family as owners, and Dwight Howard (2-time Defensive Player of the Year) leading the way, the Magic have the nucleus for a championship team. And the new Amway Center opening in fall of 2010 adds to the enthusiasm for the Magic in Orlando.
With optimum conditions existing to expand and deepen the Magic Brand relationship with fans, corporate sponsors and the broader Central Florida community, executive management realized the need to develop a Brand Strategy that would fuel the team’s growth potential.
To develop the Brand Strategy we guided a cross-functional team and outside resources through significant qualitative and quantitative research in order to understand Central Florida sports fans, and how they related to the Magic and competitor brands today. We then identified a new segment of fans, based on insights into their underlying needs and motivations. Next, we determined how we wanted the brand to evolve in the future, and created an emotional Brand Promise that was compelling, believable and distinct in order to drive growth with fans, corporate sponsors and the broader Central Florida community that was consistent with the Business Strategy.
- Alex Martins, President
- Steve Griggs, EVP of Sales & Marketing
- Roman Vega, VP of Brand Management
- Stephanie Mellenberndt, Director of Brand Management
- Chip Bowers, VP of Corporate Partnerships
- Scott Bowman, VP of Season Ticket Services & Operations
- Lucas Boyce, Director of Community Relations and Gov’t. Affairs Multicultural Insights
- Bobby Bridges, VP of Premium Sales & Services
- Chris D’Orso, VP of Sales
- Tye Eastham, Senior TV & Radio Producer
- Charlie Freeman, SVP of Business Development
- Jim Fritz, Chief Financial Officer
- Linda Landman Gonzalez, VP of Community Relations and Gov’t. Affairs/President of Orlando Magic
- Joel Glass, VP of Communications
- Audra Hollifield, VP of Human Resources & Admin. Services
- Robert Rardin, Interactive Marketing Manager
- Otis Smith, President of Basketball Operations/GM
- Marie Heikkinen-Webb, Brand Manager
- Dr. Bill Sutton, Principal, Bill Sutton & Associates
- Jack Sichterman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Great Big Circle
- Bryan Kriekard, Principal & Design Director, Great Big Circle
- Carmen Sepulveda, President & Chief Executive Officer, Act-e
- Garrison Jackson, President & CEO, Expert