North Central University (NCU), located in downtown Minneapolis, MN is an Assemblies of God (AG) university that was founded in 1930.
In order to achieve their optimal growth, we guided their leadership team in creating a Brand Strategy for the NCU brand that would build a strong relationship with target students that was in alignment with their Mission, Vision and Identity Statement.
We began by mining significant qualitative and quantitative research about higher education which was available, and then understanding how we were perceived by “potential influencers” (i.e. AG District Youth Directors, AG Church Youth Pastors and NCU Alumni). Next we interviewed current NCU students, prospective students and/or parents to deepen our understanding of the relationship between them and the NCU brand and competitive brands.
We identified the target student, based on insights into their underlying needs and motivations and determined how we wanted the NCU brand to evolve in the future. Lastly, we created an emotional Brand Promise that was compelling, believable and distinct.
- Dr. Gordon Anderson, President
- Larry Bach, Executive Director, Fine Arts
- Cheryl Book, VP Business
- Dr. Tom Burkman, VP Academic Affairs
- Dr. John Davenport, Academic Representative
- Dr. Paul Freitag, VP, Advancement
- Dave McIver, Executive Director, Praise FM
- Todd Monger, Director of Student Success Center
- Mike Nosser, VP Student Development
- Troy Pearson, Director of Admissions
- Nate Ruch, Executive Director, University Relations