MGP Ingredients (MGPI), a 60-year-old, publicly-held company headquartered in Atchison, Kansas, is a fully integrated producer of ingredients and distillery products.
In December 2001, due to significant changes in international tariff laws, executive management was forced to create a new corporate growth plan. Our role was to guide development of a new Corporate Strategic Vision, Operating Plan, Acquisition Plan, and Brand Strategy. Additionally, we guided development of Business and Brand Strategies for each division.
Over the next 3 years we helped to create their new corporate name, MGP Ingredients, which better reflects their future vision. We then led cross-functional teams in developing New Product Concepts in the Personal Care, Food and Alcohol divisions. And we provided ongoing guidance to ensure the overall Corporate Strategic Vision was being realized.
In 2005 we were engaged again to guide the leadership team in developing its Corporate Strategic Vision.
Due to the US economy experiencing a severe down-turn in 2009 which greatly affected MGPI, Stellus was engaged once again to guide development of the 2010 Strategic Vision. Once again, the end result was a detailed profile of what the company will look like in the future, and a list of Critical Issues that need to be addressed so the company will achieve its Strategic Vision. We then guided Implementation Sessions every 2 months to ensure the vision was being realized.
Initial Engagements with:
- Ladd Seaberg, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Mike Trautschold, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Randy Schrick, Vice President, Manufacturing and Engineering
- Brian Cahill, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Dr. Sukh Bassi, Vice President, New Products Innovation and Technology, and Chief Science Officer
2010 Engagement with:
- Tim Newkirk, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Don Coffey, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing
- Don Tracy, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Scott Phillips, Vice President of Supply Chain
- Dave Rindom, Vice President of Human Resources
- Irasa Downing, Corporate Director Human Resources
- John Speirs, Chairman of the Board