MakeMusic is a publicly-held company that is committed to providing the most sought after music learning, notation creation and publishing applications for musicians, educators and students worldwide.
MakeMusic brands include the Finale brand, which is the world leader in notation software, the SmartMusic brand, which is the award-winning leader of interactive music software for the educational channel, and the Garritan brand (a recent acquisition) which is the world’s leading provider of quality virtual software instruments.
MakeMusic management engaged Stellus Consulting in 2011 to guide a cross-functional team, including multiple agencies, to develop a Brand Architecture and Brand Strategies that would build a strong relationship with their four primary brands and Target Customers, which was critical to achieving MakeMusic’s growth plans.
In building these Brand Strategies, we fielded qualitative research to supplement previous research, and guided the teams in discovering insights and creating Brand Promises that were compelling, believable and distinct in order to fuel their growth plans.
- Karen van Lith, President and CEO
- Karen VanDerBosch, Chief Financial Officer
- Rick Hammond, Vice President, Marketing
- Beth Sorensen, Notation Product Manager
- Gary Garritan, Director of Instrumental Sciences
- Dan Massoth, Senior Product Manager, SmartMusic
- Roger Williams, Notation Sales Director
- Chris Boyer, Education Sales Director
- Paul Carlson, CTO
- Sher Foerster, Director of Marketing
- Dan Baggenstoss – Capsule
- Dawn Hepper – Ciceron
- Meryl Houser Burman – Capsule
- Aaron Keller – Capsule
- Kraig Larson – Ciceron