Established in 1952, the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) provides leaders in the $600 billion foodservice industry with connections, insights and best practices needed to drive increased market share and operational excellence.
Manufacturers, Operators, Distributors and Service Providers in the foodservice supply chain all engage IFMA as integral parts of its membership and partner community. From culinary and marketing to sales/supply chain, insights and executive leadership — these professionals collaborate with IFMA to bring more innovative products, heightened efficiencies and better channel partner relationships to the industry. Collectively, this enables IFMA and its member/partner community to enhance the consumer’s enjoyment of the foodservice choice.
IFMA leadership engaged us to develop a Brand Strategy that would fuel their Business Strategy, including integrating manufacturer resources/operator needs.
We guided leadership in developing a Brand Strategy to build a strong relationship with target members. We began by interviewing current members to understand how they related to IFMA and competitor brands. We then identified the target member, based on insights into their underlying needs and motivations. Lastly, we determined how we wanted the brand to evolve in the future, and created an emotional Brand Promise that was compelling, believable and distinct to drive growth consistent with IFMA Business Strategy.
Most recently, we were invited to present at IFMA’s Marketing & Sales Leaders Forum, the top conference for foodservice marketing and sales professionals, held at PepsiCo’s Global Headquarters.
- Larry Oberkfell, President & CEO
- Jim Green, VP Strategy & Member Value
- Tony DePaolo, VP, Sales & Marketing Services
- Jennifer Tarulis, Chief Financial Officer
- Mike Schwartz, Senior Director, Centers of Excellence
- Greg Pas, Senior Director, Marketing Communications
- Laura McGarey, Director, Center of Connectivity
- Julie Heseman, Director, Centers of Insights & Best Practices
- Eric Donaldson, Director, IT Services
- Cheron Lessmeister, Associate Director, Membership
- Maria Kiagias, Manager, Integrated Marketing & Member Value
- Jill Johnstone, Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
- Courtney Moy, Manger, Accounting
- Traci Schwendner, Senior Manager, Meetings & Events
- Keelin Frank, Intern
- Bill Hale, President, The Hale Group
- LeAnne Garoutte, Consultant