Great Clips is the world’s largest hair salon brand with over 4,200 salons, over 40,000 stylists, over 1,200 franchisees and over $1.5 Billion in system wide sales throughout the U.S. and Canada.
In 2004, we were initially engaged to develop a Brand Strategy that would build a strong relationship with target customers. We led a team of executives, franchisees and agencies to dig deeply into current and potential customer motivations, over and above their functional needs, to understand what they seek emotionally. By tapping into those emotional needs we defined the Great Clips brand from a customer perspective, and created a compelling and distinct Brand Promise that could drive growth.
Next, we worked with senior management and key franchisees in developing a plan to implement the Brand Strategy throughout all aspects of the company, including Operations, Training, Merchandising, Marketing and Creative Development.
In 2006, we were engaged to develop a Strategic Vision of what the company will look like in the future. This included creating a detailed profile of all aspects of the company, including: franchisees, services and products, geography, culture, organizational structure, financial performance, etc. Finally, the Critical Issues on which the company must focus to achieve the Strategic Vision were identified.
We were then engaged in 2011 to understand how the Great Clips brand had evolved over the last 5 years and to identify the implications on sustaining growth moving forward. This included guiding the creation of their Brand Messaging Strategy and Creative Development to align with their Business Strategy.
In 2012, we were engaged again to develop the Strategic Vision of what the company will look like in the future. And, in 2013 we guided development of the Employee Brand Strategy.
Once again, in 2015, we were engaged to evolve the Great Clips brand. As always, this initiative included qualitative research with customers, franchisees and management to understand how the brand has evolved over the last 4 years, and workshop sessions that ensured the future brand would fuel the business strategy moving forward.
In 2017, we were engaged once again to develop the Strategic Vision for 2018-2022, as well as, to evolve the Brand Strategy and manage the agency in developing new brand advertising in 2018.
The company has now achieved 52 consecutive quarters (13 years) of same-salon sales and customer count growth!
- Ray Barton, Chairman
- Rhoda Olsen, Vice Chair (former CEO)
- Charlie Simpson, President (Retired)
- Steve Overholser, CFO and Treasurer
- Steve Hockett, CEO (former President)
- Rob Goggins, President (former Chief Operating Officer)
- Sandra Anderson, Chief Legal Officer
- Terri Miller, SVP, Marketing & Communications
- Lisa Hake, VP, Marketing & Communications
- Mari Fellrath, VP, Business Intelligence
- Nancy Uden, Vice President of Franchise Services and HR
- Michelle Sack, VP, Education
- Yvonne Mercer, VP, Business Services
- Adam Husemann, VP, Facilities & Franchise Development
- Ann Latendresse, Director of Brand Marketing
- Heather Briggs, Director of Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Tammy Nienaber, Director of Communications
- Dave Randall, Sr. Manager of Marketing Strategy & Analytics